- Grant applications will be considered in September 2023 and March 2024.
At the moment we are only considering applications based in the UK.
- The Foundation makes grants to groups in all parts of the UK.
- We provide grants up to £2500 and up to £5000 in exceptional circumstances.
- Grants will be considered by the trustees and their decision is final.
- Decisions will be communicated to applicants by the end of September 2023 and March 2024 by the Secretary.
- Please be brief and specific. We appreciate clear and simple language.
The Foundation does not usually fund projects that involve:
- Purchase of equipment as the main element of the application
- Bursaries for travel/attendance at conferences
The WOMAD Foundation Application Process
Applications should be completed in full in our applications form above by 12pm on 1 September 2023 or 1 March 2024dr. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. The result of all applications will be considered in the month following the deadline. The applications will fall into three groups, those we are unable to fund, those we are happy to fund on the basis of the application and those applications where we need further information before granting funds. Applicants will receive the result of their application at the end of that month. If more information is required, applicants will be notified separately.
In general, the level of funding awarded is under £2,500 but can go up to £5,000 in exceptional circumstances. The decision of the WOMAD Foundation trustees is final and no correspondence about the decision will be entered into. Successful applicants will be contacted with a draft agreement and a request for bank account details.
To receive the last 25% of your grant you need to email the WOMAD Foundation within a month of the completion of your project answer the following in about 500 words each:
- Outline in what ways the project has been successful
- What was the greatest impact of the project? What makes you say that and why?
- If you were repeating this project what would you do differently? Why?
Please attach at least 10 photographs of the project or 6 photographs and a video that we have permission to use in publicity.
Once the above has been received the final part of your grant will then be sent to you within four weeks.