Process for considering grant applications
- Grant applications will be considered four times a year and should be submitted by the first day of March, June, September and December.
- To be considered for a grant, applications must be applied for on the agreed form
- We provide grants up to £2500 and up to £5000 in exceptional circumstances.
- Grants will be considered by the trustees and their decision is final. Decisions will be communicated to applicants by the end of March, June, September and December by the Secretary.
- Please be brief and specific. We appreciate clear and simple language.
- The Foundation does not usually fund projects that involve:
- Purchase of equipment as the main element of the application.
- Bursaries for travel/attendance at conferences.
The WOMAD Foundation Application Process
Applications should be sent in full in one email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 1200 on 1 March, 1 June, 1 September or 1 December. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. The result of all applications will be considered in the month following the deadline. The applications will fall into three groups, those we are unable to fund, those we are happy to fund on the basis of the application and those applications where we need further information before granting funds. Applicants will receive the result of their application at the end of that month. If more information is required, applicants will be notified separately. In general, the level of funding awarded is under £3000 but can go up to £5000 in exceptional circumstances. The decision of the WOMAD Foundation trustees is final and no correspondence about the decision will be entered into. Successful applicants will be contacted with a draft agreement and a request for bank account details.
To receive the last 25% of your grant you need to email the Foundation within a month of the completion of your project answering the following questions in about 500 words each:
- Outline in what ways the project has been successful.
- What was the greatest impact of this project? What makes you say that and why?
- If you were repeating this project what would you do differently? Why?
Please attach at least 10 photographs of this project or 6 photographs and a video that we have permission to use in publicity.
Once all this has been received the final part of your grant will then be sent to you within four weeks.